The 2021 National Restaurant Association Show COVID-19 Health & Safety Commitment
Winsight considers the health and safety of all those on-site at the National Restaurant Association Show 2021 as our top priority. We believe it is vital for our community to remain appropriately and reliably informed on COVID-19 as it relates to the Show. In addition to following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, we are working closely with McCormick Place (who recently became a Global Biorisk Advisory Council Star® (GBAC) certified facility), state and local governments, our hotel partners, and our official service providers so we can remain diligent in ensuring the health, safety, and security of all our attendees and exhibitors. We are focused on three key pillars of health and safety: Protective Measures, Physical Distancing and Cleaning & Hygiene. This is a living document that will continue to evolve according to local, state and CDC guidelines and safety recommendations to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
The next planned update will coincide with the release of our enhanced food sampling practice guidelines and Exhibitor Services Manual.
Examples of areas we are closely monitoring as guidelines evolve
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), Thermal Screening & Temperature Checks: We will follow relevant health authority guidance on matters regarding PPE and health screening. All participants will be required to comply with any current local or state guidelines.
- Food and beverage sampling: Our certified sanitarians will be onsite to diligently monitor and enforce proper food handling, preparing, and sampling regulations. We will provide all exhibitors with training on updated food & beverage sampling guidelines ahead of the Show. The guideline and training will be created in accordance with current local or state guidelines in partnership with ServSafe.
- Physical contact: We ask for all participants to avoid physical contact, such as handshakes and the exchange of business cards. Based on current guidelines the 2021 Show is planned to be a “No handshake Event”.
- Signage: Event signage will be placed throughout all event areas as a visual reminder to attendees to follow the current local and state guidelines on social distancing.
- Registration: Registration layouts will be reviewed with options considered such as: contactless badge pick-up, a larger registration area to allow for physical distancing, increased badge mailing, etc.
- Exhibitor Booths: We will provide guidance on appropriate physical distancing strategies and best approaches to conducting business within the booth.
- Education Sessions: Theater and stage layout will be reviewed with options in accordance with current best practices for social distancing.
Cleaning & Hygiene:
- Enhanced cleaning: All high-touch areas will undertake enhanced cleaning with standards of hygiene and cleanliness to a minimum of local, state and CDC guidelines throughout the duration of the event. McCormick Place, as a facility, has just been GBAC Star® certified.
- Washing hands: We encourage everyone to frequently wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol based hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed in high-traffic areas with signage encouraging attendees to regularly wash and sanitize their hands.