Will’s Winning Drink – Cocktail without a Country
- 1.5 oz Earl Grey Tea Infused Massenez William Pear Brandy
- 0.5 oz Fonseca Siroco White Port
- 0.5 oz Tozai Plum Sake
- 0.25 oz Giffard Menthe Pastille
- 1 bar spoon of Malbec Paint
- Paint a swath of Malbec paint inside of a Nick and Nora glass
- Combine all other ingredients in a stirring vessel
- Add ice and stir
- Strain into Nick and Nora with Malbec swatch
- Serve with a smile
- Earl Gray Infused Massenez William Pear Brandy: In a bowl, combine 750 ml of Massenez William Pear Brandy and 3 bags of Earl Gray tea. Gently stir and then let steep for 1 hour. After an hour, strain out the tea bags and return to bottle.
- Malbec Paint: In a pan, combine 750 ml of Argentinian Malbec with 500 ml of sugar. Add heat and let reduce until the wine and sugar have mixed and turned to the consistency of paint.
Will Patton is the Bar Director at Bresca in Washington, DC.