Press Eligibility Criteria
Press Room Hours:
- Saturday, May 18: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 20: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 21: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Who is eligible for press badges?
To maintain quality news coverage and media representation, members of the news media need current, official credentials to attend annual meeting, educational sessions, enter the exhibit halls, and attend events at the Show.
You must meet the following criteria to obtain a press badge:
You must have an editorial role within a well-established news media outlet that publishes original content. Directories, advertisement and sales listings, distribution services, and other non-news publications or websites are not eligible.
Advertising, public relations, publishers, marketing, and sales representatives, and other non-editorial media outlet staff will not be granted press badges and must register through general registration and pay the fees. Similarly, non-credentialed companions of properly credentialed media representatives must pay registration fees via general registration.
Your news outlet or blog must regularly cover food, foodservice, entertainment and leisure or other topics related to the hospitality industry, and receive at least 1,000 unique visitors per month.
Specialty publications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, personal blogs, forums, communities and users groups will not be considered for media accreditation.
Freelance writers and photographers must present a letter of assignment from an approved media outlet to be granted a press badge. Similarly, broadcast or online production company representatives must present a letter of assignment from an approved news media outlet.
Media outlet interns and student practitioners accompanying credentialed media representatives must show proof of employment.
Video crews must present a shoot schedule prior to the first day of the event.
Please be prepared to present at least one of the following:
- Officially issued press credentials (by media outlet, government or other recognized issuer)
- A business card with your name, editorial staff title, and media outlet
- A letter of assignment from editor/producer of an approved media outlet (photo copies not accepted)
- Current publication masthead with your name and title
- News article published within the past six months with your byline
- National Restaurant Association staff reserves the right to deny press badges if credentials are insufficient